DK Designs Interview



When [& HOW] did you 1st get into Graphix ?
I got into doing Graphics in August of 2006. I wanted to do some Modifications for a PC game and then I just got the hang of it.

How long was it before people starting noticeing you tallent ?
I set up a MySpace account and just uploaded images that I had done from my PC onto there and people started to send requests for things to be designed. I was suprised at how quick it took for me to be noticed because it wasnt anything serious, I was just doing it for a hobby.

Are you currently or in the future going to be working with any artists ?
At the moment I'm working with a lot of up-and-coming artists that people may not of heard of. Artists such as Deceiva & Slingkey who are from a group called 'New Recruitz', A young MC from North London called Switchey & a MC called Untitled who I seem to be working with most at the moment on his Promos & Mixtapes.
In the past I have worked with artists such as Maniac, Rowntree, JJ, Blay-Z, DJ Maximum, Grime Reaper, S.K.I.T.Z. Beatz, Jelluzz & Rage.

In 10 Years do you see yourself still doing grafix ?
I hope so. If I can keep up what I love doing then yeah, definetly. If not then I don't have a clue what I'd be doing. Maybe just a 24/7 Grime fan.

Is your work free ?
Unfortunately for some my work is not free. I try to be as reasonable as possible with prices and my designs usually end up being quite cheap when it comes to money. But you always get a result that I'm happy with and of the highest quality.

Shout-Outs
I'd just like the send a shout to all the people who had helped me along the way. People such as Ediz who was the first person to ever to request something from me, Deceiva, Dotz, Shy One, Switchey, Chirs Charalambous, Timz, Darks, Scribbler Media Solutions & Untitled.


If you want to see some of my designs then there is a slide show on my MySpace profile. www.myspace.com/dkdesignsuk and just send me a message if your interested in getting some designs done and we can discuss it.
Also hopefully in the next 2-3 months I will be releasing some t-shirts entitled 'The Grime Scene Stencil T-Shirts' so look out for them, there going to be alot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interview Scribbler